Wider distribution on BIONEWS/bionet.announce than BIOFORUM/bionet.general

Fri Jun 4 12:21:52 EST 1993

> I'd also like to point out that BIOFORUM/bionet.general is currently
> in *17th place*, not 1st by any means, in terms of e-mail
> subscriptions at net.bio.net (the only immediate way available to
> judge participation).  In fact more people are signed up on the
> unexciting SCIENCE-RESOURCES newsgroup than read
> BIOFORUM/bionet.general and **almost three times** as many people are
> on the e-mail list for BIONEWS/bionet.announce as compared to
> BIOFORUM/bionet.general.

One final note - I have noticed that some readers seem to think that
BIOFORUM is the place to post announcements simply because of the
volume of discussion generated here versus the (intentionally) low
volume on BIONEWS/bionet.announce.  As you can see from the stats
above, you'll get much wider distribution of your announcement if you
post to BIONEWS/bionet.announce.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager