Official White House Email Address

Mike Cherry cherry at genome.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jun 4 11:48:42 EST 1993

In article <C82HJq.Cop at usenet.ucs.indiana.edu> gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) writes:
>politics which need group consensus.  Do we biologists have anything
>else interesting we might vote on, and see if we can put this
>mechanism to new uses?  (Yes, I know you don't want to vote on
>the truth or falsity of your experiments -- much of science doesn't
>lend itself to voting).    How about electronic voting for who will get
>the next grants from NSF/NIH/other?  Or at least which subjects in biology
>deserve the most/least research funding?  Or start with things
>farther from the pocketbook -- where to have the next society meetings?

Some of this has already started. The Arabidopsis researchers of North
America held an electronic election for their steering committee last
year. Each e-mail address was counted once and the result of this
electronic vote filled the six member steering committee.