white house email test...

Lili Velez lv08+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 4 15:08:21 EST 1993

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1993 16:54:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bill Condon <USERLCBK at UMICHUM.BITNET>
Subject: It works--but how will it go? (*MBU*) (10)
Sender: "Megabyte University (Computers & Writing)" <MBU-L at TTUVM1.BITNET>

I sent a message to the White House, using the address Eric posted,
and I received this reply lightning-fast--too fast for it to have
been sent by a person.  In my message, I applauded the attempt
(one could hardly call it an innovation) but expressed misgivings
over the "response systems" idea, since that could turn into a really
cynical use of e-mail--having a machine pull out keywords in a
message and "respond" with canned text.  No need for a real, live
human bean to see such a message, eh?

---(Forwarded from: postmaster at whitehouse.gov, Dated: Wed, 2 Jun 93 16:40:52
    EDT)---