Info on TREECON phylogeney program

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Fri Jun 4 09:04:24 EST 1993

In article <1um1av$ojs at gaia.ucs.orst.edu> gordond at ava.bcc.orst.edu (Douglas Gordon) writes:
>     I am interested in obtaining a software program for the IBM pc called
>TREECON.  I have looked around through GOPHER but I have been unable to
>locate any information.  It is a program for generating evolutionary trees
>using distance matrix methods.  Any info on FTP sites or other locations from
>which I might access this software would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,

A little gophering finds the following citation for TREECON:

ID   VPEY9301
RA   Van de Peer Y., De Wachter R.
RT   "TREECON: a software package for the construction and drawing of
RT   evolutionary trees.";
RL   Comput. Appl. Biosci. 9:177-182(1993).
KW   PHYLOGENY; C LANGUAGE; IBM-PC.

You could try contacting the authors - they're at:

    Univ Instelling Antwerp
    Dept Biochem
    Univ Plein 1
    B-2610 Wilrijk
    Belgium

Sorry - couldn't find an e-mail address.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu