Info on TREECON phylogeney program

Yves Van de Peer yvdp at reks.uia.ac.be
Tue Jun 8 08:40:41 EST 1993

Douglas Gordon (gordond at ava.bcc.orst.edu) wrote:
:
:      I am interested in obtaining a software program for the IBM pc called
: TREECON.  I have looked around through GOPHER but I have been unable to
: locate any information.  It is a program for generating evolutionary trees
: using distance matrix methods.  Any info on FTP sites or other locations from
: which I might access this software would be greatly appreciated.
:
: Thanks,
:
:
:  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
: |  Doug Gordon                       gordond at bcc.orst.edu                  |
: |  Oregon State University           Molecular and Cellular Biology        |
: |  (503) 758-5733                    Corvallis, OR  97333  USA             |
:  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
TREECON is a very userfriendly package of programs for the construction
and drawing of evolutionary trees based on distance data.  The package
is menu driven and runs on IBM compatible computers (80286 or higher)
with VGA resolution.  Popular methods like neighbour-joining and bootstrapping
are implemented.

It can be obtained by sending one floppy disk (1.4 Mb) to:
Yves Van de Peer
Departement Biochemie
Universiteit Antwerpen (UIA)
Universiteitsplein 1
B-2610 Antwerpen
BELGIUM

it is also possible to fetch the package via 'anonymous ftp'.
ftp to host 143.169.8.1 (uiam3.uia.ac.be), change to directory TREECON
(cd [.treecon]), and transfer the files in BINARY mode.
A user manual (written in PostScript) can also be fetched (README.PS)

Please contact me by electronic mail (yvdp at reks.uia.ac.be) for details
or in case of trouble.
If you have received the package via ftp, please send me your name
and address so I can add you to my mailing list so I can keep you informed
about further improvements of developments.

Yves Van de Peer