Pharmacia PHast System uses??

SHICKLEY at VM.TEMPLE.EDU SHICKLEY at VM.TEMPLE.EDU
Fri Jun 11 10:46:05 EST 1993

In article <Roberts_D-100693110339 at riversend.bms.com>
Roberts_D at BMS.COM (Dan Roberts) writes:

>Anyone in cyberspace using the Pharmacia PHast system??  It has been quite
>a while since I have last used the Phast.  When I last used it had only
>been developed for SDS-PAGE!!  Now, I see you can use it for IEF, Transfers
>and DNA among other techniques.  How successful are these techniques with
>the PHast??  Any +/- opinions and any other info would be helpful in
>deciding whether we may purchase one of these units...Thanks...Dan
>
>Dan Roberts
Dan,
I checked these out a number of years ago. They seemed compact and
"neat", but...I thought they were too small and limited in terms
of protein chemistry. I opted for the Bio-Rad Mini Gel which has
a lot of neat access. like electro-eluters, western blot systems
etc.
Tim

Timothy J. Shickley, Ph.D.   Director, Neurourology
DEAN'S ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ANATOMY AND CELL BIOLOGY
Departments of Urology and Anatomy/Cell Biology
Temple University School of Medicine
3400 North Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19140
(VOICE/DATA) 215-221-8966; (VOICE)215-221-4567; (FAX)215-221-4565
INTERNET: shickley at vm.temple.edu     BITNET: shickley at templevm.bitnet
ICBM: 39 57 08N
      75 09 51W