Duplex Quiz

David Leader : Glasgow University Biochemistry : UK GBCA26 at VMS3.GLA.AC.UK
Sun Jun 13 12:41:00 EST 1993

As co-author of a text book on nucleic acids, I received the following
enquiry from a reader in Italy:

	Who first suggested the term "DNA duplex"  ?

I suppose the average molecular biologist around today wan't born when the
term was coined, but although I was - oh those grey hairs - I don't know
the answer. Anybody out there does?

David Leader,
University of Glasgow.

PS
I suppose I should offer a copy of the text-book as a prize, but then I'd
have to mention its name, which might be construed as advertising for
personal gain. Ho ho.