Ethanol kinetics

ROBERT BOOT, HERSTON MEDICAL LIBRARY mail_boot at uqvax.cc.uq.oz.au
Sun Jun 20 01:07:12 EST 1993

I don't know whether this is the right place but I can't find a pharmacology
group.

I am given to understand that the metabolism of ethanol progresses linearly.
I.e it exhibits zero order kinetics? Does apply for all doses or is it because
typical dosages are so high that the system is overloaded. At lower dosages
(non therepeutic :-)) does the kinetics change?