elusive dr. cummings

suter at VAX.MPIZ-KOELN.mpg.d400.de suter at VAX.MPIZ-KOELN.mpg.d400.de
Wed Jun 23 05:57:36 EST 1993

from: S=jow;OU=helix;O=nih;P=gov;A=d400;C=de

+In article <9306221234.AA19802 at net.bio.net> , SCHLOSSER at ciit.org writes:
+>I agree that safegaurds and testing would be prudent and should be
+>performed before these products are available for human consumption,
+>but some of the dire predictions made seem highly doubtful.
+
+It would seem wise in terms of public relations to conduct these tests as
+if the dire predictions were reasonable.  Certainly, this summer's big
+hit movie, Jurassic Park, tries to reinforce public fears of
+biotechnology.
+
+Jim Owens

nothing against steven spielberg, but wait until his movie hits the screen
here, in the country with the highest fear for genetech... we might as well
close the lab.

(b't'way, there IS a clear distinction between BIO- and GENE-technology,
perhaps we shouldn't confuse the audience to much).

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Zuechtungsforschung
Abteilung Genetische Grundlagen der Zuechtungsforschung
Carl-von-Linne Weg 10
5000 Koeln 30, Germany
Tel. xx49-221-5062.221       Fax. xx49-221-5062.213
e-mail: suter at vax.mpiz-koeln.mpg.dbp.de