genetically engineered crops

Christoph Schller CS at abc.univie.ac.at
Thu Jun 24 06:24:01 EST 1993

 > From:          rwil2 at cs.aukuni.ac.nz (Roger Wayne Willcocks )
 > Subject:       Re: genetically engineered crops

 > I would like to point out that genetically engineered crops pose little
 > threat to the environment since, as yet, no genetically engineered organism
 > has proved to be fitter to survive than the original organism.
>
 > Fnx

 Shortsighted argument!
 What IF a geneticlly engineered organism proves to be fitter?
 Fitness depends on the environment.
 By the way. Do we need those crops? Today's industrial vegetables
 taste generally not overwhelming but look exciting. What will happen
 if the whole power of genetic engineering will be applied? Better
 tastig Tomatos or better looking (or cubic)?
 Christoph Schueller