Gene diddling "discussion"

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
Fri Jun 25 06:07:17 EST 1993

                                                      ****
>tinkered foods are/or are not safe.
 ********

Delete the "gene tinkered" and we'll all agree.  It is virtually impossible
to say that ANY natural or synthetic food is perfectly safe.  There is
certainly no scientific basis for regarding gene-tinkered organisms as any
more dangerous to health than naturally occurring ones.  Besides, isn't
classical plant and animal breeding (done for thousands of years) also a
form of gene tinkering.
__
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/ Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI
P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL  /     Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763