finding stock centers etc.

Rob Harper harper at
Mon Jun 28 09:22:59 EST 1993

In <9306281238.AA17569 at> MCCAINKW at DUVM.BITNET (Kate) writes:

>PIR, etc. I am looking for a more general list or one that actually focuses
>on cells and higher levels of organization).

This is one area that deserves more attention I have a small section
on my gopher at CSC which deals with Culture collections. At the moment
there are only three entries to choose from, but you might find what you
are looking for there. Just point your gopher to and
look under Finnish Embnet BioBox.

                         Culture Collections

      2.  Microbial Germplasm Database at OSU (USA)/
      3.  World Data Center on Microorganisms (WDC Japan)/

Or is you want the .link file then it is.

Name=Culture Collections

All the best

 Rob Harper                        E-mail:          harper at
 Center for Scientific Computing   Molbio/software: harper at
 Tietotie 6, P.O. Box 405          Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
 SF-02101 Espoo Finland            Fax:             +358 0 457 2302