RTECS database?

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Tue Jun 29 17:37:22 EST 1993

In article <1993Jun29.184910.16898 at ornl.gov> de5 at ORNL.GOV (Dave Sill) writes:
>Does anyone know anything about a database called the Registry of Toxic Effects
>of Chemical Substances (RTECS)?  Is it Internet-accessible?  I've tried WAIS and
>Gopher, but haven't found it.

RTECS  (Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances)

RTECS contains toxic effects data on over 117,000 chemicals. Both acute
and chronic effects are covered, including data on skin/eye irritation,
carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, and reproductive consequences.  The file
is built and maintained by the National Institute for Occupational Safety
and Health.

RTECS is one of the TOXNET databases available via the NLM - so you
need a Medlars account and probably  Grateful Med to access them.  You'll
pay about the same as you do for Medline searches.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu