Molecular Genetics teaching materials

Andrew Hobbs andrewh at uniwa.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 8 04:27:05 EST 1993

Hi,

I am looking for teaching materials for practical sessions in a course
in molecular genetics which demonstrates the existence of mobile
genetic elements.  I thought that suitable materials might involve
maize cobs which could be scored by the students themselves as part of
the practical.  I know that Carolina Biological Supply, and others,
have maize cobs for demonstrating straight genetic results with linked
and unlinked markers but not for mobile genetic elements.

Can anyone help me find a suitable source, or perhaps suggest an
alternative?

I would appreciate any suggestions or help.

Andrew Hobbs
Biochemistry
University of Western Australia,

andrewh at uniwa.uwa.edu.au