NIH abstracts

Ola Myklebost olam at radium.uio.no
Thu Mar 18 03:19:30 EST 1993

In article <CMM.0.90.2.732407301.kristoff at net.bio.net>,
kristoff at NET.BIO.NET (Dave Kristofferson) wrote:

> > 	I thought that I saw a reference to an ftp or gopher site for
> > scanning NIH abstracts, posted on this newsgroup.
>
> I believe that the reference was to an old experiment at NIH in which
> this was attempted but later abandoned.  I didn't see any reference to
> an existing service.

I saw the reference too, the server was named merlot and had an address at
the Welch Lab. After some searching I found it in Gopher, in the Maryland
section. I think it was under Computational Biology, Welch...

I took a quick look now but couldn't find its exact location. However, I
moved it to my top Gopher level, and it is still there and works.

However, the abstract contents are quite disappointing, about one half
page.

Ola Myklebost             Email olam at radium.uio.no
Dept of Tumor Biology
Inst for Cancer Research
The Norwegian radium Hospital
N-0310 OSLO, Norway
Tel +47-22-50-60-50, xtn 9830, Fax +47-22-52-24-21