student use of BIONET as a resource (was Re: Kentucky Coffee Tree)

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Wed Mar 24 21:30:45 EST 1993

merritt at provolone.bchem.washington.edu (Ethan A Merritt) writes:

>	If I misunderstand the charter of BIONET, I'm sure I'll hear about
>it. Otherwise I'd have to say that honest requests from students are just
>as welcome as inquiries from active researchers.

>					Ethan A Merritt
>Dept of Biological Structure            H510 Health Sciences
>University of Washington SM-20          (206)543-1421
>Seattle, WA 98195                       merritt at u.washington.edu

I tend to agree with the above up to a point, i.e., as long as the
volume of these requests does not turn off researchers from wading
through the news/mail messages.  Our primary target here continues to
be to serve the research community and reaching this goal has been
hard enough.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager