Hillary Rodham Clinton's Sovietology Exercise

SEGAL, DAVID JAY djs1539 at cc.utah.edu
Fri Mar 26 15:55:00 EST 1993

In article <SMITH.93Mar24182949 at minerva.harvard.edu>, smith at minerva.harvard.edu (Steven Smith) writes...
{
{The WSJ requested help identifying these individuals, so I scanned the
{list and present it here along with the accompanying article with the
{hope that it will help to illuminate these proceedings whose outcome
{could affect all Americans and their progeny, but are nevertheless
{insulated from public inspection and debate.

What's the big deal?  There are hundreds of committees in Washington.  Most
people don't know who's on them; most people don't care.  Why don't you
wait to see what they come up with and spend your energy evaluating that?
Isn't the message more important than the messenger?
Besides,
I don't understand why people are so focused on the publicity of this
particular committee's meetings.  I think the only ones who really have
a problem with it are the MD types, who stand the most to lose from
health care reform.  For guys like me, who have the most to gain from
reform, I say get off their backs.  Finally somebody's actually doing
something.  Almost anything is better than the system we've got now.
Besides, the committee can't pass any legislation by itself anyway.

So just chill out.
- Dave Segal
- dave.segal at m.cc.utah.edu