St. John's Wort

Don Christie dc_ags at ac.nsac.ns.ca
Tue May 4 10:43:24 EST 1993

I have had a question forwarded to me for posting on the
USENET:

"St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) is attributed to cause
photosensitization in pale pigmented animals if grazed at
specific times. Several cases of photosensitization have
occured in one county in Nova Scotia. The Municipal Weed
Inspector in that county is looking for information on
testing procedures that can be done to determine if hypericin
levels are present in a live animal (tissue samples).

Also information on methodology for isolating the hypericin
from plant and animal tissue."

Anyone with information on the above can contact me at
the above address, and I will forward it.

Thank you.

//Don