I admit my Ignorance...Need help

Dan Roberts Roberts_D at BMS.COM
Wed May 5 16:09:57 EST 1993

Well I have broken down and I admit my ignorance.  I am usally thinking
about purifications and running HPLC's.  But now I am working on a seven
transmembrane receptor protein.  What I have been playing around with is
homology searches btw it and the rest of the world.  Now that I have these
homologies I am trying to figure out the significance of these.  I am
trying to figure out what type of ligand my bind to my receptor by relying
on the homologies...Is this the right way to think, or is there a better
rational to attacking this problem???  One day I would like to propose a
model of the ligand binding.
I guess what I am asking is what are the rational steps that people use
when they are thinking up of a model for ligand binding to a receptor??
Thanks for your help..>Dan

Dan Roberts
BRISTOL-MYERS-SQUIBB PHARM. RES. CENTER
PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY U.S.A. PLANET EARTH, MILKY-WAY GALAXY
<<<<INTERNET ADDRESS>>>>Roberts_D at BMS.COM