Cell Biology Newsgroup

Martyn White mbwhite at CISA02.MED.ECU.EDU
Fri May 7 10:12:26 EST 1993

	I think a newsgroup for the discussion of cell biology is
a very good idea.  Maybe bionet.cellbio would be a good name.  If it
became popular, it could always be split at a later time to
bionet.cellbio.*  e.g. bionet.cellbio.cancer.
	It has been argued that any word relating to cancer would
result in oversubscription with the wrong type of messages.  I don't
think this would be a problem with the bionet.cellbio prefix.
Remember the oncogene newsgroup bionet.molbio.oncogenes was
deleted due to lack of interest

Regards
Martyn White