Need some info...

Sue Landsman suel at lobster.sid.mcet.edu
Wed May 12 11:14:35 EST 1993

-----------

I am involved in preparing a curriculum for high school students about
the Human Genome Project (Scientific and Ethical dimensions) and would
like to know if there is any educational software available about
human genetics.  In particular, I'm looking for something that would
illustrate the role of genes & environment in the life of an individual
(maybe a "game" in which the student could futz with both and get some
kind of idea of the magnitude of the effect)

I am also wondering what we know about genes "overlapping."  How often
does this happen, if it does at all?  I know about reading frames and
frame shift mutations and start and stop codons and all that, but I'm
very stumped on the subject.  I'd appreciate any information or leads.

Thanks!