Jumping genes??

Peter M. Muriana muriana at aclcb.purdue.edu
Wed May 12 09:18:08 EST 1993

In article <93131.204446PXF3 at psuvm.psu.edu>, <PXF3 at psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>Hello, Please forgive my posting a very basic question in what is probably
>an inappropriate newsgroup.  My daughter is working on a special project for
>her ninth grade honors biology course and has a trick question that has

	......stuff deleted....

>Here's the question: What about jumping genes?  Here's the context:  She
>wrote a term paper about "Women in Biology." She has been able to find out,
					      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>using standard reference books, the definition of a jumping gene.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	hmmm!! Already had done some work on her own and....

> But she's
>stumped on what the connection is to her topic.  If someone could give her a
						^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>name that's relevant, she'll track down the rest (she hopes!).  And her mom
 ^^^^		       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	....is willing to track down the rest with just so much as a clue!!
	I think this "ninth-grader" sets a good example to much of the
	older "give me every reference you have, so I don't have to look
	for it" crowd.

....stuff deleted....
>Paula Ford   | Internet: pxf3 at psuvm.psu.edu  |
>"Snaefridh"  | Bitnet:   pxf3 at psuvm          | Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
>Den som har droemt Udfaerd og Daad senker ej Sejl uden med Sorg,
>                                  --Bjoernstjerne Bjoernson

	-Peter