where to find obscure compounds

robert joseph litt rjl4 at quads.uchicago.edu
Thu May 13 11:42:10 EST 1993

I am posting this for someone in my lab.  We would like to know where
to find a particular compound.  The most recent literature reference
we could find was from 1967.  The compound is deoxythymidine
3',5'-diphosphate.  This is a specific and potent inhibitor of
micrococcal nuclease.  In general, if one would like to find
commercial suppliers of obscure chemicals and compounds, where would
one look?  Other than scouring the catalogues on the shelf, is there
some centralized resource - book, catalogue, database - whatever -
that can be consulted?

Thanks
Bob Litt
rjl4 at midway.uchicago.edu