PCR newsgroup

John Nash nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca
Fri May 14 19:08:53 EST 1993

In article <1993May14.225935.10362 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk> skspoidn at reading.ac.uk writes:
>From: skspoidn at reading.ac.uk
>Subject: PCR newsgroup
>Date: Fri, 14 May 1993 22:59:49 GMT

>No way Jose!

I completely agree!

>I see no need to split a piece of methods off on this tangent.

What next?  .ligation, .dna-sequencing, .rna-sequencing, .restriction-
digests?  The amount of PCR-related traffic is small.

>The amount of PCR related stuff is far from vast, and much of it
> relates to other methods that people are interested in. This would
>lead to just yet another group that would have to be read or subscribed
> to for no real gain. Keep methods in a bunch thanks!

>I mean, the implication is that there are people who read methods
>regularly that are not interested in PCR stuff..I think not.

Besides, pcr is relevant to other techniques - probe generation, sequencing,
etc, and people who use non-pcr methods to label or generate probes, or
sequence will miss out unless they specifically read the .pcr group.

hey... it's not as if methds-reagnts has even a medium volume of
postings!!!!!

>Mike Poidinger
>Dept of Microbiology
>University of Reading

>No need for a Kit push on forum, but I will anyway!
huh?

cheers, John

John Nash                           | Email: Nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca.
Institute for Biological Sciences,  | National Research Council of Canada,
Cell Physiology Group.              | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.