Separate PCR discussion forum proposal.

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Mon May 17 11:59:26 EST 1993

In article <119603 at bu.edu> pfoster at bu.edu (Patricia Foster) writes:

>BLC (GBGA13 at VMS3.GLASGOW.AC.UK) wrote:
>: ....  So everyone would end up subscribing to 2 boards
>: instead of one.

>And the amount of cross-posting would increase.
>It's not broken; don't fix it.

I also think the split would force readers of bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts to
also subscribe to the proposed new newsgroup .pcr since those of us who do the
hands-on work in the lab keep our methods options open for any new twist or
technique that would improve our results or save time.

That is not what I'm concerned with. I think that the creation of a separate
group will promote more cross-posting and make it more difficult for me to
weed through the mass of articles twice, or even thrice if it is also
cross-posted to bionet.general (one of my pet peeves, but that's another
topic). There really is not that much traffic in the current group.

Paul N. Hengen
National Cancer Institute
Frederick, Maryland 21702-1201 USA