Danger!!! Mad-cap, crazy idea ahead!

Larry Masinter masinter at parc.xerox.com
Thu May 20 00:54:14 EST 1993

I'm not a biologist, but I'm a MOOer (I did the original work on the
gopher interface at JaysHouse). Personally, I think a BioMOO is a fine
idea; the resources required aren't all that great, and you can have
control over your environment.

As for 'what the hell is a MOO': a MOO is an Object-Oriented
(programmable) Mud, which, in turn, is a multi-user system that allows
those connected (the 'players') to communicate with each other, move
from place to place, etc.

There are some papers in ftp://parcftp.xerox.com/pub/MOO/papers/.

You might be interested in the discussion of 'Astro-VR', a MOO for
the international astronomy community, in the MUDsGrowUp paper.
--
Larry Masinter <masinter at parc.xerox.com> Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC)
3333 Coyote Hill Road; Palo Alto, CA 94304; (415) 812-4365 Fax: (415) 812-4333