Bones in human body?

Brian Kwong bkwong at
Thu May 27 17:27:51 EST 1993

In <g88d4938.1.738521480 at> g88d4938 at (MR GE DOYLE) writes:

> Would any of you know how many bones there are in the human body?
> Specifically in the following regions: skull, legs, arms, thorax(rest)?

Varying somewhat with age and with the individual, there are usually
recognized to be 206 bones in the complete skeleton.  They are divided
between axial and appendicular skeleton in accordance with the following

Axial Skeleton
	Skull and Hyoid		29
	Vertebrae		26
	Ribs and Sternum	25

Appendicular Skeleton
	Upper Limbs		64
	Lower Limbs		62

Total				206

 B R I A N   W .   K W O N G            |  Internet E-Mail Address:
 University of British Columbia, Canada	|  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Faculty of Science, Zoology            |  bkwong at