Structural genes in telomers?!?

Lynn S Dahleen dahleen at badlands.NoDak.edu
Wed Nov 3 14:53:39 EST 1993

To All,

	I have recently mapped what I believe to be a structural gene to
the telomeric (sub-telomeric?) region of the short arm of barley chromosome 1.
This marker mapped 5.5 centimorgans distal to a previously described
marker that was developed from a conserved telomeric repeat.  Incidently,
one other known structural gene co-segregates with the telomeric probe.
How common is it to find structural genes in the telomeric
(sub-telomeric?) regions of chromosomes?  Thanks in advance for any
information.

                                          Dave Horvath
                                          USDA/ARS/NCSL
                                          Fargo ND