NIH EDNET BBS: Info wanted

Irene Anne Eckstrand IAE at CU.NIH.GOV
Tue Nov 30 07:31:51 EST 1993

system:

The procedures for connecting are the exact same ***except****
for one change.

For reasons that you all really could care less about, we
"split" the SNSTCP task into 4 parts (SNSTCP is how telneting
and FTP occur).  CU.NIH.GOV is going to be specifically for
E-mail and TN3270.CU.NIH.GOV is going to be for full-screen
applications and telneting.  FTP.CU.NIH.GOV will be (or is)
for file transfer protocol (FTP).

There is an extensive article coming out in this issue of
INTERFACE (for Computer Center users and others) explaining
this change.  It should've been out before, but with the
problem at hand, we had no choice but to make the "splits"
at that time.  Services were slow and even failing at times.

The account (AJL1) and initials (F5E) will still work using
TN3270.CU.NIH.GOV.  If there is a problem, call the PAL
Counter at (301) 496-5525.  Response will be quicker than
that of mail.

Steven Gearinger                       FAX: (301) 402-0537
Computing Facilities Branch            SGI at CU.NIH.GOV  (Internet)
NIH Computer Center                    SGI at NIHCU       (BITNET)
(301) 496-5524