Human Genomic Map on netwrok?

Matthew Wakefield genmjw at
Thu Nov 25 02:40:59 EST 1993

In article <1993Nov17.105920.356 at>, mkennedy at > >
Does anyone know whether the human genomic map is available on the
> > network? The information that I am looking for includes the loci
> > and genes on specific chromosomal bands. Any pointer will be
> > appreciated!

There are also shadow sites in Australia (angis) and the UK.
If you have a mac then get GDB accessor.  This program logs on and does the
searches for you.  It is far more powerful than gopher searches and the
interface is very friendly (& therefore faster to use)

(=)  Matthew Wakefield
(=)  Genetics and Human Variation
(=)  La Trobe University, Bundoora, VIC, AUSTRALIA