NSF Pre-doctoral fellowships

Michael John Fath mjfath at ellis.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 26 12:44:24 EST 1993

In article <2d0rij$eeb at gaia.ucs.orst.edu> chend at ava.bcc.orst.edu (Don Chen) writes:
>Hi:
>
>A grad student in our lab is trying to fill out the NSF pre-doctoral
>fellowship applications.  The "problem" is that the instructions seem
>to indicate that no photocopies of the original application can be used.
>Is this true?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect it is true.  This sort of thing is
not usually optional.  If time is a factor, send in a photocopy and
include a note the the original will be sent separately as soon as possible.
But I know that most colleges will send out transcripts very quickly if
it is an emergency. My alma mater will FAX registered transcripts the
same day if necessary.

> Also, can she answer the questions by printing out the
>answer and pasting it on the application, then recopying the whole
>thing? The regulation says to type only.

I typed mine on the computer then formatted the page to fit in the
margins and taped it in as you suggested.  And they didn't seem to
mind -- I got the award.  I think that it ill not be a problem.

>The same problem holds true for the Howard Hughes application.
>
>thanks,
>Don

Good luck.

Michael

--
MM   MM FFFFF 	Michael J. Fath
M M M M F	Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology
M     M F       Chicago, IL  60637                mjfath at midway.uchicago.edu