database of transcription factors

DAVID SCOTT DSCT at BPHVAX.BIOPHYSICS.ROCHESTER.EDU
Sun Oct 10 18:55:48 EST 1993

Help,
	I have a promoter region sequenced, and am curious to see what,if
any, transcription factors may bind to it. So, as a start, I would like to
compare my 4kb against a database of known transcription factor binding
sequences. Is this possible, or is there a better way of doing this. Yes
I realize I am going to get a lot of answers that may not matter. Any ideas
or refinements of this idea would be much aprecciated. Thankyou in advance
for any help.

					-Gavin Fischer
					University of Rochester Cancer Center