Macs vs other computers in biosciences

Peter W Severance runwild at world.std.com
Tue Oct 12 00:32:50 EST 1993

T80MAJ1 at NIU.BITNET writes:

>I think the Mac vs. PC debate is one of the most
>truly moronic and time-wasting long term bits
>of idiocy I know of.

Hear, Hear!

>All that matters is your ability to do what you need
>on the computer quickly and easily.  Obviously this
>is completely possible on both types of machine.

Does any one program fulfull all of your needs? No way;
and neither do all programs run on all platforms.
As a *networked* user of both environments, I can't
say one is any better than the other. Both have +'s
and -'s. EXCEPT: $

>Guess what? Neither Macs nor PCs are going away!

Read the business section lately? One architecture
is, largely, on it's way out...we can debate the
reasons Why?, that would be fun...

Will Mac users end up in lonely clubs like the
legendary Amiga users??? ;=)

>It is necessary to deal with the unpleasant reality
>of the evil alien enemy other type of machine.

>--Rick Johns

That's the most creative description of a 68000
processor I've ever heard...

-peter, ex-bio/evolutionary speculator, now
doing different things...