Tue Oct 26 20:31:00 EST 1993

crumbley at seeks advice about phage display systems for
single chain antibodies

Our lab has used two systems in its studies of bifunctional proteins.
Stratacyte kits based on lambda have been unsuccessful over a period of
12-15 months.  Pharmacia kits based on M13 appear to be much more
promising and user friendly.  I am uncertain whether the failure of
the former kit was due to the particular antibody we were trying to
manipulate or not - I would be interested in reports from other users
of this kit.

Terry Walsh
walsht at