How many cells in a human?

John Woods eanv20 at castle.ed.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 04:26:53 EST 1993

FOF at FDACFSAN.BITNET writes:

>fourteenth.  It is difficult to imagine that these are very hard numbers, but
>then I doubt that you need hard numbers.

I've heard these figures too, but in a slightly different way.  I was
told that there are 10^14 cells in the blob we call a human, but only
10^13 of those are human.  The other 90% are prokaryotic.  I got these
figures of a human anatomy person --- but they may have been pulling
my leg.

Maybe Gray's Anatomy would contain a guesstimate.

				... John
--
"
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit (Virgil)