Waterfowl Leg Bands

ULIBARRI at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu ULIBARRI at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
Thu Sep 9 20:44:05 EST 1993

Hi, I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.
I have a small flock of captive-bred Canada geese (with all of the
appropriate permits).  This year a wild gander paired with one of the
captive birds and happily raised a family.  My questions are these:
1.  Is this a common occurrence?
2.  The wild gander has a leg band that says "AVIS BIRD - Washington
    State 828-8860".  How can I find out more about him?
Please e-mail responses since I don't logon to these nets very often,
Thanks in advance..........CU