MEDLINE access via Internet?

Bruce Roe broe at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Tue Sep 14 08:23:00 EST 1993

In article <199309131954.OAA26075 at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>, dmsander at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu (David M. Sander) writes...

>I have been trying to get access to MEDLINE via internet and so far I have
>come up with nothing.  The National Library of Medicine access is out of my
>price range so that is not an option either.  Does anyone have any ideas or
>alternatives?

Try going over to your library and inquiring if they have MedLine on
CDROM.  Our Medical School Library has the CDPLUS version of MedLine
and access is available for University of Oklahoma Medical School
students and faculty for FREE via dialup and ethernet.

Sorry, it's not available to the outside world without a userID/password.

Another thing you might investigate is Gopher and the link to:

---> Computational Biology Gopher (Johns Hopkins University)

Access to the OMIM is fantastic !!!!!!!
Just inquire about your favorate disease and vola, all the information
is there at your fingertips.

Cheers....bruce