MEDLINE access via Internet?

Frank Norman f-norman at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 10:41:36 EST 1993

In article <199309131954.OAA26075 at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> dmsander at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu (David M. Sander) writes:
>From: dmsander at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu (David M. Sander)
>Subject: MEDLINE access via Internet?
>Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 14:53:04 -0500
>
>I have been trying to get access to MEDLINE via internet and so far I have
>come up with nothing.  The National Library of Medicine access is out of my
>price range so that is not an option either.  Does anyone have any ideas or
>alternatives?

The NLM produce Medline as a quasi-commercial product (albeit heavily
subsidised).  Access to Medline through the NLM system has always been one
of the cheapest routes to Medline online.  A number of other
commercial systems (Dialog, Datastar, BRS) also provide access but at a
higher price.  You will not find free access to Medline on the Internet
(except by mistake :-).  Your best bet is to contact your Univ library and
enquire whether they can provide you with Medline access via the Univ
network.

Frank Norman             |  National Institute for Medical Research
Deputy Librarian         |  The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA

f-norman at uk.ac.mrc.nimr  |  tel 081 959 3666 ext 2380 fax 081 906 4477

f-norman at national-institute-for-medical-research.mrc.ac.uk