MEDLINE access via Internet?

ROBERT BOOT, HERSTON MEDICAL LIBRARY mail_boot at uqvax.cc.uq.oz.au
Wed Sep 15 02:41:59 EST 1993

In article <199309131954.OAA26075 at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>, dmsander at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu (David M. Sander) writes:

> I have been trying to get access to MEDLINE via internet and so far I have
> come up with nothing.  The National Library of Medicine access is out of my
> price range so that is not an option either.  Does anyone have any ideas or
> alternatives?

What is your price range? If you want free access you will have to persuade
your Uni to provide it at that price. CD-ROM versions of MEDLINE are widely
available in Uni & hospital libraries in the States. Many of these are
networked. Usually they are only available to a local clientele.

*I* think MEDLINE access through NLM, BRS etc is rather cheap. Compare the
costs of access to Biosis, Chem Abs etc. These databases cost a *lot* to create
& making them available is not cheap either.