Is Federal Register available on-line?

Mike Cherry cherry at cycle.Stanford.EDU
Wed Sep 15 12:12:30 EST 1993

In article <16C49A5CA.GHRIGG01 at>,
 <GHRIGG01 at> wrote:
>Does anyone have any information about government documents
>available on-line?  I am familiar with SIMTEL, etc., but
>specifically am interested in the Federal Register and similar

A good place to start is the Library of Congress Gopher server.
The Link info is:

Name=Library of Congress

The top level menu of the LOC Gopher looks like this:

 -->  1.  About LC MARVEL (Please Read First)/
      2.  Library of Congress: Facilities, Activities, and Services/
      3.  Research and Reference/
      4.  Library of Congress Online Systems/
      5.  The U.S. Congress/
      6.  Federal Government Information/
      7.  Services to Libraries and Publishers/
      8.  Copyright/
      9.  Employee Information/
      10. The Global Electronic Library (by Subject)/
      11. Other Internet Resources/
      12. What's New on LC MARVEL/

Item 6 has many things that might be of interest.

I do not believe the Federal Register is available for free. I recall
a message posted several months ago about a commercial service
providing access to the Federal Register via usenet and Gopher.

J. Michael Cherry                       Project Manager, Yeast Genome Database
Stanford Genome Sequencing Center,      Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305-5120
Voice: 415-723-7541  FAX: 415-723-7016  Internet: cherry at