a big dummy trying to figure out how to get the Big Dummys Guide

SCHLOSSER at ciit.org SCHLOSSER at ciit.org
Thu Sep 23 07:42:00 EST 1993

Well folks, I've managed toget into ftp.eff.org and copy
big-dummys-guide.sit.hqx to my VAX account (the 1st time I've done ftp,
all with only the marginal description of HOW this might be done in
Rob Harper's posting - not bad for a big dummy) but when I transfer it
to my Mac it looks nothing like a HyperCard stack and I don't know how to
turn it into one.

There seems to be a bit of Catch-22 here - if your a big dummy then you (I)
must read the Big Dummy's Guide to learn how to get the Guide.  Yeah, I
could get it in ASCII, read it, and then get it in HyperCard, but this
seems rather indirect.  How about a brief description of *exactly* what one
must do to get this?  I have 2 terminal emulators, PacerGraph and VersaTerm
Pro - but so far have only learned how to transfer between Mac and VAX with
PacerGraph.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
schlosser at beta.ciit.org