Dermestid Beetles

John Cavanaugh johnc at msc.edu
Thu Sep 30 12:51:51 EST 1993

A friend and I are interested in mounting some skeletons of small
animals.  My understanding is that the best method of cleaning the bones
is to put them in a colony of dermestid beetles, who will consume all
the non-bony bits.

Does anyone know where I could acquire such a colony?  What it might
cost?  Would there be problems with keeping dermestids in my house?

Thanks.
John Cavanaugh                              EMail: johnc at msc.edu
Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc.        Phone: +1 612 337-3556
1200 Washington Ave. S                      FAX:   +1 612 337-3400
Minneapolis, MN  55415