Help looking for molecular biology book....

William R. Pearson wrp at dayhoff.med.Virginia.EDU
Tue Apr 5 08:47:48 EST 1994

In article <2noch7$ktb at nntp.ucs.ubc.ca>,
Thomas Wong <userDONO at mtsg.ubc.ca> wrote:

>I'm looking for a recent book dealing with the general
>principles in molecular biology (eg. isolating nucleic acid,
>gels, blots, transfection, etc.) without going too much into
>the nitty gritty details of procedures. Can anyones suggest
>a good book to get? Thanks.

	Recombinant DNA (Second Edition) Watson, Witkowski, Gilman, and Zoller
Scientific American Books, is an excellent introductin.  So was the
first edition - Recombinant DNA: A Short Course, by Watson, Tooze, and Kurtz.

Bill Pearson