Anyone know about RFLPs?...Need Info!!!

Richard Nahas ai364 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Sat Apr 9 16:29:03 EST 1994

RFLP - Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphisms

     I would like to know how (exactly) RFLPs are used to search for
mutations (ie. used as a diagnostic tool) when the variations in fragment
length exist naturally. Also, why do these polymorphs exist. If you could
summarize the information in terms that an introductory student of
Genetics could understand, I would really appreciate it.

                    E-mail responses to ai364 at Freenet.Carleton.CA
                                            (ATTN: Ketan Patel)

                    Thank you for your help..........Ketan Patel
                                                     Pre-Med. UofO
                                                     Ottawa, Ontario