A NEW NEWSGROUP? bionet.molecular.modelling

Rick Venable rvenable at helix.nih.gov
Wed Apr 20 20:03:58 EST 1994

In article <2p2s5d$q3a at rc1.vub.ac.be> philstas at vub.ac.be (Stas Philippe) writes:
>Are there other people that think that a MOLECULAR MODDELING newsgroup
>would fit into the Bionet structure?
>It would be a forum of all modellers, i.e. not depending on wath program
>used (Hyperchem, Biosym, BRUGEL, Quanta, ...) or on wath system they
>work (Silicon, Evans, Mac, PC, ...)
>_  Philippe Stas                        philstas at vub.ac.be  _
>_  Dept. of Cellular Immunology                             _
>_  Free University of Brussels          tel: 32-2-359.03.58 _

An interesting notion; I'd like to suggest that simulation techniques such
as molecular dynamics, diffusive dynamics, Monte Carlo sampling, and others
should be encouraged.  Of course, that's in addition to the obvious topics
of homology modeling, and structure refinement based on X-ray or NMR data.

Anyone for protein folding, or quantum mechanics combined with
molecular dynamics?

--
___                  O== ==O    "It's deja vous all over again."
|__) ICK             O== ==O               [sic]
    \/ ENABLE        O== ==O              -- Yogi Berra