Sea squirts

Bennett Todd bet at std.sbi.com
Tue Apr 19 12:01:35 EST 1994

In article <CoB537.LoC at cix.compulink.co.uk>,
Ian Tresman - IBM Helpwa <helpware at cix.compulink.co.uk> wrote:
>Can you help? I've been challenged to find the answer to this question:
>What happens after the sea squirt digests its own brain? I'm French and
>don't even know what a SEA SQUIRT is... S'il vous plait, aidez-moi!

Dunno. The only reference I've heard to a Sea Squirt is the following
paragraph, and I don't know where it came from:

 ``The juvenile sea squirt wanders through the sea searching for a suitable
   rock or hunk of coral to cling to and make its home for life. For this
   task it has a rudimentary nervous system. When it finds its spot and
   takes root, it doesn't need its brain anymore so it eats it. It's rather
   like getting tenure.''

I'd really like to learn where that comes from.

-Bennett
bet at sbi.com