Information on Bats wanted

Stephen Kelley kelley at vet.vet.purdue.edu
Fri Apr 22 10:47:52 EST 1994

In article <2p4tie$obd at search01.news.aol.com> wkuhl at aol.com (Wkuhl) writes:
- I have recently purchased a bat house and would like information on how I can
- attract bats to live in it.  I have bats frequently flying around the yard and
- would like to encourage more to stay in the area.  Any information would be
- appreciated.  Thanx.

Good choice!

'BATS', the quarterly magazine of Bat Conservation International, had
an article last spring on success rates of various styles of bat houses.  I lent my
issue to someone who still has it, but you can probably get a back issue directly from
BCI.  My recollection is that in general, the bats like big houses up high.

The address I have for BCI is:
	P.O. Box 162603
	Austin, TX 78716-2603

but I believe they may have moved since then.  You can get their phone number from information
in Austin, Texas.  (They are definitely still in Austin.)

Steve Kelley            kelley at flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu

Purdue University Cytometry Laboratories        (317) 494-0757  -- voice
B050 Hansen LSRB, Purdue University             (317) 494-0517  -- fax
West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907