FORMATION OF A NEW NE

David Lloyd-Jones david.lloyd-jones at canrem.com
Sat Apr 23 23:10:00 EST 1994

I have no hesitation in entering into this kind of ballsup.  The good
Ajouk, woman who lives withme and supports me in many ways, was
invited to a "civil rights" meeting in the Jane-Steeles area of
Toronto a couple years ago.

Jane-Steeles is governed by black gangs.  One of the big interesting
problems for us outsiders is the Jamaicans: many large criminal gangs
consist of Jamaicans, but on the other hand Jamaican-Canadians are
leaders in accountancy, in education, in music, and it may well be in
crime prevention.

Same goes for the Vietnamese.  There have been a large number of
horrible crimes committed by Viets against Chinese-Canadians in the
last five years. Fortunately there have been huge numbers of
convictions: apparently the community rallied around, trusted
the police, and decided they were not willing to put up with this shit.

I predict that in the coming generation we shall see both Jamaican and
Vietnamese members of city council -- in exactly the same way as Nathan
Phillips was elected Mayor with the help of old Mafia money from the
Meyer Lansky '30's and 40's.

            Remember you heard it here first...

                             -dlj.

david.lloyd-jones at ablelink.org

 * 1st 1.11 * Nothing can be made foolproof, as fools are so ingenious.