David Lloyd-Jones david.lloyd-jones at
Sat Apr 23 23:10:00 EST 1994

I have no hesitation in entering into this kind of ballsup.  The good
Ajouk, woman who lives withme and supports me in many ways, was
invited to a "civil rights" meeting in the Jane-Steeles area of
Toronto a couple years ago.
Jane-Steeles is governed by black gangs.  One of the big interesting
problems for us outsiders is the Jamaicans: many large criminal gangs
consist of Jamaicans, but on the other hand Jamaican-Canadians are
leaders in accountancy, in education, in music, and it may well be in
crime prevention.
Same goes for the Vietnamese.  There have been a large number of
horrible crimes committed by Viets against Chinese-Canadians in the
last five years. Fortunately there have been huge numbers of
convictions: apparently the community rallied around, trusted
the police, and decided they were not willing to put up with this shit.
I predict that in the coming generation we shall see both Jamaican and
Vietnamese members of city council -- in exactly the same way as Nathan
Phillips was elected Mayor with the help of old Mafia money from the
Meyer Lansky '30's and 40's.
            Remember you heard it here first...

david.lloyd-jones at

 * 1st 1.11 * Nothing can be made foolproof, as fools are so ingenious.