Do tRNA of human exist?

Bruce Roe broe at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Fri Apr 29 07:33:00 EST 1994

In article <CowGEr.9xr at hkuxb.hku.hk>, billyli at hkuxa.hku.hk (Billy Li) writes...

>Hi,
>  The subject line says it all.  I know that the contents of tRNA for E. Coli
>are totally determined and I am wondering if the contents of tRNA for human
>is determined also.  I am interested in the proportion of different type
>of tRNA for human.  If that exists, can someone give me the name of a reference
>paper, or an ftp site to get more information.  Is it in Genbank?
>If that doesn't exist, can
>someone give me an indication please?
>  Thanks in advance.  Please post or e-mail.
>
>--
>Billy Li,  email: billyli at hkuxa.hku.hk
>Department of Statistics,
>University of Hong Kong.
>Tel: (852) 8591920     Fax: (852) 8589041

Billy,
	Several human tRNA's and tRNA genes have been sequenced.  You might
want to check out the tRNA database maintained by Professor Mathias Sprinzl
and co-workers, Bayreuth, FRG.  This database is available by anonymous FTP
to:
	FTP.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE
in the directory:
	/pub/databases/trna

Here's a copy of the README file:
---------
The service provided by the EMBL Data Library allows users to download the
files constituting the tRNA database produced by Mathias Sprinzl and
co-workers, Bayreuth, FRG.

The following files are available in the /pub/databases/trna directory:
Database version: 1993

        o trna.com               - Compilation of tRNAs and tRNA genes

        o trna.foo               - Footnotes

        o trna.ref               - References

        o trna.tab               - Index table
---------