Searching for standards ...

Alexander Schuetzle Schuetzle at
Tue Aug 2 18:30:23 EST 1994

	Hi all,

	I have some  questions  about  standardisation  efforts in the
	genom research (biology).

	Are  there  any  exact  and  unique  definitions (syntax) for
	the dataobjects ( like genes,  chromosomes,  . . . )  in  the
	genom research?

	Are there some kinds of methods to handle these objects, i.e.
	how to represent ( graphical, textual, ...) them and so else?

	If  you  know some (de facto) standards or conventions please
	inform  me  or give  some  hints where I can get some further

	Thank you for your kind cooperation

	Alexander Schuetzle

Alexander Schuetzle
University of Stuttgart
Institute of Parallel and Distributed High-Performance Systems (IPVR)
Breitwiesenstrasse 20-22                                Phone: +49-711-7816-389
D-70565 Stuttgart                                       Fax.:  +49-711-7816-424
Germany                         alexander.schuetzle at